Last Updated: 15.06.2020
We are really excited to be getting closer to welcoming customers back through our doors and appreciate your patience as we work through what Daniel Andrews’ latest government announcement means for us.
This week we will be sharing more information regarding the reopening of our facility. For the most up to date information, please check our webpage or our social media.
Read the latest government restrictions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sport-and-exercise-restrictions-covid-19
We’ve missed you
The safety and wellbeing of our members, staff and visitors has always been our number one priority. Since closing our facility due to COVID-19, we’ve reflected on what makes our centre special, and it is you.
We have missed providing you with the opportunity to get active, missed seeing your friendly faces come through the door, missed being part of your health and wellness journey. But the biggest thing we’ve missed is being able to connect with you, face to face, to be able to have a chat and enjoy the sense of community that our centre brings.
Our staff are ready and prepared to return to work. They can’t wait to get back to it, in what will be this ‘new normal’ for the foreseeable future. The way we operate the facility is going to be different to how it was before, with strict safety and hygiene measures in place to ensure everybody feels comfortable and safe. There’s more on this in the below information.
But firstly, we want to express our deep gratitude for your patience and support as we have worked through this challenging time, and to thank you for reaching out over the last few months with questions and concerns for the community at our centre.
While we don’t have every single answer to every single question yet – things are moving so rapidly and we’re working as quickly as possible to provide the right information at the right time – we have provided some of the key information below.
We will continue to update this page as new information comes to light.
Reopen dates, hours and programming
Although the Victorian Government recently announced that restrictions will be easing across the state, our facilities will remain closed at this time. We are currently working closely with our local council partners to understand what the new government restrictions and requirements mean for the facility, including when the facility will reopen. We will notify you as soon as additional information comes to light regarding reopening dates, what services will be available and how many people will be allowed in the facility.
Please be assured that we want to reopen as soon as we safely can – we can’t wait to see you back in centre!
Your COVID-safe facility
Your safety and the safety of our staff remains our number one priority, particularly throughout this period. Once we do reopen, we will be applying six safety measures to ensure we are COVID-safe and in line with the government’s health advice.
- Temperature scanning. All staff and visitors will be scanned upon entry to the centre. Anyone who displays a temperature of 38°C, will be politely asked to leave.
- Social distancing requirements. A distance of 1.5 metres between people will be required throughout the centre and programs. All spaces within the facility have been measured and 4 metres squared restrictions per space will be enforced. Staff and visitors will be counted as they enter and exit spaces and we have removed seats and equipment to ensure social distancing.
- Signage and instructions. Throughout the centre, you will see signage and instructions on how staff and visitors can be COVID-safe. Hygiene signage and floor, seat and bench stickers have been installed to assist visitors will physical distancing requirements.
- Increased hygiene and cleaning. You will find hand sanitiser at entry and exit points, as well as in high touch point areas and areas of high traffic. We will have increased cleaning, with regular touch point cleans and 24-hour facility cleans.
- Training for staff. All staff have completed the Department of Health COVID-safe training, as well as additional training provided by YMCA Victoria. We have also provided additional training for specific roles to ensure all programs within the facility are COVID-safe.
- Process for a confirmed case. In the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case, we have an eight-step plan in place to ensure reporting, tracing and cleaning occurs before the facility reopens. Everyone who enters the facility will have their details recorded to assist with case tracing.
Cleaning and hygiene
Once we reopen, the first thing you will notice when you visit the facilty is hand sanitiser at all entry and exit points, with the expectation that all staff, patrons and visitors sanitise their hands before entering. Hand sanitiser will also be available throughout the facility and in bathrooms.
The entire facility will be cleaned every 24 hours and high touch points, such as doors, toilets and gym equipment, will be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
Bookings and memberships
When the facility reopens, it will most likely be at a limited capacity and with restrictions. Therefore, your memberships will not be reactivated until restrictions are further eased and you will be notified before your membership resumes.
Process for a confirmed COVID-19 case
Our staff have been trained to ensure that when the centre reopens and there is a confirmed case, they have the tools and resources they need to close the facility safely and notify those who were in contact with the infected person.
The health and safety of our staff and customers is our number one priority during the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
- Cobram Sports Stadium
- Cobram Outdoor Pool
- Strathmerton Outdoor Pool
- Numurkah Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- Numurkah Outdoor Pool
- Nathalia Sports & Community Centre
- Nathalia Outdoor Pool
- Yarrawonga Foreshore Outdoor Pool
- Yarrawonga Outdoor Pool